Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

Sirach 51: 1-12 A Song of Thanksgiving

I give you thanks, O Lord and King; I praise you as my God and Savior.
I give you thanks for you have helped me and protected me. You have rescued me from death, from dangerous lies and slander.

You helped me when no one else would; in your great mercy you saved me from the many troubles I have known; from the glaring hatred of my enemies, who wanted to put an end to my life; from suffocation in oppressive smoke, rising from fires that i did not light; from death itself; from vicious slander reported to the king.

I was once brought face-to-face with death; enemies surrounded me everywhere. I looked for someone to help me, but there was no one there.

But then, O Lord, I remembered how merciful you are and what you had done in times past. I remembered that you rescue those who rely on you, to rescue me from death.

I prayed, "O Lord, you are my father, do not abandon me to my troubles when I am helpless to my arrogant enemies. I will always praise you and sing hymns of thanksgiving."

You answered my prayer, and saved me from the threat of destruction. And so I thank you and praise you.

O Lord, I praise you!



This is a Thanksgiving prayer from the Book of Sirach which I want to share with everyone as an everyday prayer. It is a prayer thanking the Lord for what He has done for us, it is a prayer of praise to the Lord, a prayer recognizing our Lord, giving glory to Him who has always protected us and a prayer of faith that God will forever help us...

If anyone needs to pray and have trouble on calling on to the Lord, you may refer to this prayer and say it before you make your own intentions, it will surely help to direct you to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure Policy

Disclosure Policy
This policy is valid from 04 February 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org